Thursday, October 1, 2009

Clavinet VST

Always been very fond of the Clavinet sound... you know, Clavinet!

For a while I had been using the freeware Ticky Clav

But yesterday I ran across Topaz Clav 1, which is really nice. It sounds reasonably realistic for limited purposes (I mean, don't expect to emulate Stevie, but for a little funky touch on a song, it can do the trick, and it's light and free), and features some cool filters and envelopes if you want to experiment a bit with funky spacey harpsichords...


I didn't bother recording demos, because it's such a tiny, straightforward VST, you might as well take my word and try it for yourself, so get it here

And while I'm on the subject, a very interesting glimpse into the way Stevie Wonder used to layer Clavinet parts for his songs, in this video

No comments: