Thursday, December 18, 2008

On the finish line : Mercenaries

Is it quite baked, I'm not sure... but I don't think I'll work further on it, since it's only a cover song, and actually started as a Prophet 08 demo...


Nothing to much to say except that it's mostly Prophet 08, Moog Little Phatty and some Microkorg vocoder.

The vocoder part is heavily treated : first passing through the FAT1 compressor, then recompressed in the digital domain with Solid State Logic's free LMC-1 plugin


The song itself is from the outstanding Sabotage album by John Cale



"I'm just another soldier boy
Looking for work
My rifle is my friend
I clean my rifle everyday
That's why my rifle is my friend

Did some work in Zaire, the jolly old Belgian Congo
Went back to Geneva to get paid
Back there in Geneva, that's were the money grows
That's where the money grows, that's where the money flows
They didn't wanna pay me
They didn't wanna pay me, but they did
Try to separate me from my money is try to separate me from my life"

No comments: