Thursday, April 23, 2009

Upcoming : "Uniforms of Snow" - instrumental LP


This is a project that's been sleeping in my drawer for some time now, and I'm dusting it off in order for the good people at bitkins.com to release it.

"Uniforms of Snow" is an all-instrumental album, inspired by HP Lovecraft's novel "At the mountains of madness" (which with luck should be made into movie by director Guillermo del Toro).

It's a musical hommage to 1970's electronic music, with primitive drum machines and totally vintage sounds. I tried to imagine what the soundtrack would sound like if the novel was adapted for film in 1975 with John Carpenter in charge.
So expect no Aphex Snares "high-end" mumbojumbo : it's gonna sound totally vintage and retro!

Since it's an old project already, the setup reflects a transitional time in my studio, and if memory serves me correctly, the synths used are mostly Moog Little Phatty, Microkorg, Gforce Virtual String Machine (and Roland Juno-1 on a track).

I'm polishing the final mix these days, so stay tuned for a release announcement.

No comments: