Monday, January 18, 2010

Fruitful Weekend

I don't actually have anything for you to hear, but I thought I'd chime in anyway to say that I've been working all weekend on the cover EPs series (that is, the series of cover songs EPs I'm preparing for spring)...

I've laid down the basic tracks for two Syd Barrett songs : a lo-fi, funky rendition of "No Man's Land", with Moog bass passing through a EHX Big Muff fuzz pedal and some rocking Rhodes, and a catchy, clubby, psychedelic "Late Night", complete with nice Crumar pads...

I also taped a classical piano version of "We Will Rock You", with tons of intricate piano and Moog lines. Yeah, you heard me. It's gonna be awesome.

I don't know exactly the order in which I'll release all these EPs, but it'll probably be something like, Police EP on march 1st, Queen EP on april 1st, David Bowie EP on may 1st, etc... one per month till I drop dead.

No comments: